Packers are here and it is pure chaos at my home! It’s happening and of course we are not ready. Thank you all for the opportunity to participate in the leadership team of our village. It’s never about one person or one position, nor should it be – it takes all of us to conduct our business and to increase the volume of our voice on certain issues. Even if your participation is limited to simply paying your annual dues – you are integral part of whatever success we have and also any failures that we experience.
The pace of our activities and our expenditures did slow considerably with the virus, but we appear to be heading back to normalcy. Ideally, we can get more social events into our budget and calendar to give all a chance to meet each other. We had folks over to our front porch just last week and we each spoke about how “we” have a level of comradery normally found in military units who have no choice but to pull as a team. We do have a choice and we do work well together.
1. Village Meeting tonight (Thursday, 13 October at 7:30 PM) will be online due to weather and uncertainty of packers prepping our stuff for the move. Here's the link and I ask that you join us. It will be quick. If you aren't familiar with zoom meetings (I know I am an amateur at best) - you have time to learn it but contact Bob Havey if you need help.
Topic: CAWSV Membership
Time: Oct 13, 2022 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting:
2. They Live Amongst Us – Had a meal with a long-time village friend who during the meal let slip that she, as a 7-year-old child was at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked. What? I have known and served with this lady on our CAWSV Board for 20+ years and just last night realized that I was sitting with a living member of our national history. How rich can we be? Had mentioned before about being able to visit many corners of our world and many cultures by simply visiting the neighbors just next door, but now, to sit with someone with firsthand knowledge of our history back when the men were made of iron and the horses made of wood. No offense or slight meant ladies. Wow! Your challenge - find that magnificent lady and listen to her stories.
3. CAWSV Membership – We are short of our 350 members objective. You know if you have not yet joined or renewed membership in our citizens’ group. If you have, you would have received an email receipt. You can always contact me to verify your membership. Please help spread the word especially to the new neighbors.
4. Breast Cancer Awareness Month – Cindy Stark’s daughter is involved with this organization’s fundraiser at Dogfiesh Head Ale House 18 October from 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM. She asked that you come the fun - part of the proceeds go to help this meaningful endeavor. I hope this link works – try it for more information.
5. Rolling Valley Haunted House & Fun Fair – Tickets Now on Sale! The RVES PTA is thrilled to bring back the Haunted House & Fun Fair on Saturday, October 22 from 4:30-8:30pm! This longstanding community tradition is one of our biggest fundraisers and is fun for all ages. Purchase your tickets online by 18 October and receive a discount: https://rvespta.ptboard.com/formvw?store=2954&form=4.
- 13 October – General Membership Meeting (elect new Board of Directors, ratify FY22 Audit, Pass FY23 Budget with markups as needed.
- 1 November – FY23 Membership Drive ends even though residents can still join anytime during the Fiscal Year.
- 8 November – Election Day - maybe then the emails and phone calls will stop.
- 11 November – Veterans Day
I admit to not being ready to leave the village but know that Jeff Fasceski with your help will do things with your CAWSV that I didn’t even think to do. Colorado is just on the other side of the big river. If you find yourself there (593 Forest View Way, just outside of Monument), stop in to visit and even take your rest.
And with that good people, I bid you adieu! That is until tonight’s online meeting.